The Kastamonitou or Konstamonitou Monastery is surrounded by woodland. It was founded around 11th century. Among its supporters were Prince George Brankovits, Anna Princess of Serbia and Radits, Commander-in-Chief of Serbia, who helped the monastery in 15th century. However turkish rulers and jewish moneylenders brought Kastamonitou to financial ruin.
In 1705, helped the monastery to be restored the french Consul Armand and later in 1818 it was supported by Kyra Vassiliki, the wife of Ali Pasha of Ioannina. The katholikon is dedicated to St Stephen the Protomartyr. Among its treasures is the miraculous icon of St Stephen, a work of 8th century, and two icons of Our Lady Panaghia.